Monday, January 31, 2011

Update: Busy, busy, busy

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Been too busy gaming! Looking at the coming release schedule, I've got 4 games coming out in February and a big one in early March, so I'm changing how I'll be updating here. Instead of every Monday, I'll update when I can. I'll try to post at least 2 new articles a month(not counting Top 5 on 5), and rants will continue to go up when I feel like it.

I'd like to reach a point where I can update regularly every Monday(or some other day of the week), but with my schedule as hectic as it is(not just with gaming, mind you), that's not terribly feasible at the moment.

In the meantime, a mini-rant on what I've been playing lately: Civilization 5 and Dead Space 2! If you're at all a fan of 4X games, you should definitely check out Civ 5. They've made some improvements to the formula which seem odd in concept(like switching to hexes instead of square tiles, or not allowing military units to stack in one square anymore) but actually work out really well. Cultural victories are a blast. Dead Space 2 is everything I hoped it'd be--it's got everything the first one does but more and better. The first Dead Space occupies a spot on my top 5 games of all time, and this will almost certainly replace it, perhaps even move it up the list a spot or two. New weapons, new enemies, a fully voiced main character, more challenge, and more tension all add up to make this a fantastic game--not to mention the multiplayer, which is not mind-blowing, but still very fun.

More to come, I promise! But until then, game on!

--Nihzlet

No comments:

Post a Comment